Next Steps helps congregations answer the question, “What are the next steps for our church?”. Whether a church is large, small, growing or declining, discerning God’s direction for the next leg of the journey can be challenging.
Next Steps is a 4-phase process:[Your church’s team and DBA’s leadership team will work together to complete each phase]
- Call the congregation to prayer.
- Assess the strengths and challenges of the community and congregation.
- Celebrate the church’s history.
- Conduct a town hall meeting.
- Team recommends next steps to the congregation
- Congregation decides according to the bylaws of the church.
- Discover opportunities and challenges for ministry
- Evaluate options
- Seek input from others
- Determine the steps for implementation
- Make assignments
Sign Me Up!
Congregations interested in participating in Next Steps should contact Bob Dean. The DBA team will then explain the process more fully and submit a written proposal to church leadership. Then, the congregation votes to participate in Next Steps and elects a team.
Cost: If the church is a cooperating member of DBA, there is no cost. However, the church is responsible for costs of materials or research of possible options.