Focus: Poverty Alleviation
“More than 300,000 Dallas citizens live in poverty and nearly 600,000 more live in housing-distressed households. Dallas also leads the nation in children living in poverty”
(Dallas Commission on Homelessness, 2016).
Answer God’s call to His church to love our neighbors by
breaking the yoke of poverty (Isaiah 58:6-8).
- Gather a small group and complete the Helping Without Hurting online training.
- Become a Bridgebuilders ally. Have lunch once a week with someone who is working their way out of financial poverty.
- Serve at Our Calling homeless discipleship ministry.
- Give to the Texas Baptist Hunger Offering.
- Join the faith action team of the Dallas Coalition for Hunger Solutions.