Consider these prayer options as you encourage your church to pray for missions:
- Occasionally use the prayer resource prepared for Girls in Action, Children in Action, or Acteens with adults.
- Use the online prayer requests for the International Missions Board, the North American Mission Board, and the Missions Mosaic, the WMU magazine.
- Each Wednesday, Baptist World Alliance invites us to pray for members of the Baptist families around the world.
- Cooperative Baptist Fellowship offers Prayers of the People, a year-long guide to praying for CBF field personnel.
- Enlist someone to contact a missionary by email to get a fresh perspective from the field.
- Use WorldCrafts items in your home and encourage prayer for the people who made them.
- Place a reminder in an obvious place to pray for a ministry such as 10@10 for Interstate 10, which is a prayer for intervention in human trafficking along Interstate 10.
- Encourage adults to practice praying the news. For example, with countries like Syria, Israel, South Sudan, and others in the news daily, pray for the Christ-followers and their witness.
- Plan for specific prayer support for the ongoing missions endeavors of your church.
- Pray for specific missions requests during prayers times at church gatherings.
- Wear an reminder, to yourself and others, to pray for the world as the Holy Spirit guides you. It’s not all about us!
written by Joy Fenner, 3-2-2012