Job Position: President (Part Time)
Accountability: Board of Directors
FLSA (exemption): Exempt
The President is the chief administrative officer of Dallas Bible Theological Institute (DBTI) and reports directly to the Board of Directors. The President is responsible for administering, promoting and supervising the total program assigned to DBTI. The President shall serve as an ex-officio member of the Board and attend all the meetings of the Board. The President will give regular reports as to the progress of the Institute and offer recommendations for future operations.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage school administration and operations.
- Manage DBTI’s employees and human resources.
- Develop faculty and curriculum.
- Promote public relations and school marketing. Visit churches and organizations to promote DBTI.
- Cooperate and promote activities of mutual interest with:
- Dallas Baptist Association
- Baptist General Convention of Texas
- Southern Baptist of Texas Convention
- National Baptist Convention
- Adhere to and operate within fiscal limits according to the Board’s approved budget and avoid improprieties. Make budget revisions and recommendations to the Board when necessary to enhance school operations.
- Oversee school-collected revenues and coordinate processing with the treasurer for proper internal controls and financial reporting.
- Accredited master’s degree, and preferable accredited doctoral degree.
- A background of high-level administrative experience with a minimum of five years of senior-level, administrative experience in an applicable Christian institution, government agency or industry.
- Knowledge of the mission and role of theological education.
- Experience in interpreting organizational needs, programs, and activities and providing appropriate training to promote the school’s mission.
- Committed to the concept of quality Biblical education.
- Committed to the professional development of faculty and staff.
- Student-oriented in the sense of recognizing that all aspects of DBTI are to facilitate learning and student development, with the student demonstrating levels of competencies and growth and the student being kept informed of progress.
- Committed to offering programs that are relevant to the current needs of our churches.
- Demonstrates a life of prayer and personal spiritual growth in the Lord.
- Demonstrates godly reputation, leadership and integrity.
Titus 2:7-8 – In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned, so that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate well, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrates ability to work as a team member, which includes faculty, staff, students and governing board.
- Demonstrates leadership and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to project a positive public image.