Equipping Church Planters (ecp)DALLAS BAPTIST ASSOCIATION
What’s It All About?
DBA’s Equipping Church Planters’ training is designed with the purpose of assessing, equipping, coaching, mentoring and resourcing current and potential church planters to start new churches and new ministries.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do we really need more churches in Dallas and Rockwall counties?
Does every person in Dallas and Rockwall Counties have a church that is near them geographically, relationally, and culturally that cares deeply about their salvation? If the answer is “No”, then we really do need more churches. As we continue the work together of planting, replanting, revitalizing and retooling churches for the work let us remember it is all about people being reached with the gospel, and for them to be in a Bible believing church where they can grow in their faith
Why do I need to participate in Equipping Church Planters (ECP)?
- ECP will provide specialized training for church planters. For example:
- Disciple making strategies that have priority over launching large gatherings
- Ways to develop disciples from harvest to biblical community
- Planting contextually appropriate churches
- Identify ways to accomplish alignment with how God is at work over tradition, structure and proven methods.
2. Church planters will meet regularly with other church planters for the purpose of developing a community of fellowship.
3. Church planters will share ideas and strategies with each other with times for discussion.
Cooperating With the Heart of God
- Identify a devotional prayer life that works for you
- Give examples of God-focused decision-making
- Identify God’s vision for the church plant
UNIT 1 – COOPERATING WITH THE HEART OF GOD
LET’S GET STARTED – September 16-17 – Retreat at Mt. Lebanon – Overview of training
Week 1 – September 19 – “We’re not in Jerusalem anymore. We’re in Athens!”
Week 2 – September 26 – The Bigger Gospel & Our Union with Christ
Week 3 – October 3 – “Big Picture” Implications of the Gospel
Week 4 – October 10 – Personal Implications of the Gospel
- Discussion forum participation
- Read primary source for this unit.
Self: Read and review Study Guide/Summary of Unit Objectives
Multiplying Disciples that Hear and Obey God
Key Emphasis: Multiplying Disciples that Hear and Obey God?
- Explain preaching, teaching, and mentoring for growth.
- Describe various ways to develop disciples from harvest to biblical community.
- Identify various ways to produce missional disciples, not professionals.
UNIT 2 – MULTIPLYING DISCIPLES THAT HEAR AND OBEY GOD
Week 5 – October 17 – Discipleship for Multiplication
Week 6 – October 24 – Preaching – Various Forms and Settings
October 31 – No class – Halloween
Week 7 – November 7 – Missional/Incarnational Ministry
November 14 – No class – BGCT and SBTC Annual Meeting
Week 8 – November 21 – Covocational Ministry
Week 9 – November 28 – The Minister’s Family
Week 10 – December 5 – Unit 2 Recap
Planting Contextually Appropriate Churches
Key Question: How will the church look?
- Describe the target community.
- Identify the most effective model given the ministry context.
- Identify various ways that God is at work in the community.
UNIT 3 – PLANTING CONTEXTUALLY APPROPRIATE CHURCHES
Week 11 – December 12 – Discovering Where God Is at Work
Week 12 – December 19 – “Neighboring” & Living on the Field
Christmas/New Years Holiday Break
Week 13 – January 9 – Ministry Contextualization & Demographics
Week 14 – January 16 – Worship
Week 15 – January 23 – Indigenous Leadership
Week 16 – January 30 – Unit 3 Recap
Missional Strategies, Structures and Systems
Key Question: How will the vision be accomplished?
- Describe Baptist distinctives and church governance.
- Give examples of church administration and church discipline.
- Give examples of church stewardship and finances.
UNIT 4 – MISSIONAL STRATEGIES, STRUCTURES AND SYSTEMS
Week 17 – February 6 – Church Administration
Week 18 – February 13 – Church Finance
Week 19 – February 20 – Church Governance
Week 20 – February 27 – Child Protection & Constitution and Bylaws
Week 21 – March 6 – Church Proposal/Prospectus
Week 22 – March 13 – Unit 4 Recap