New from Dallas County: Social gatherings should be limited to fewer than 10 people.
With kids out of school and church, many parents are searching for both academic and spiritual resources they can use at home. Here are a few to check out:
- Lifeway Kids at Home
- Sign in with your Lifeway account, or register for a free account at lifeway.com. The free redemption code is VZMD4SSQ38. Resources include videos and downloadable activities.
- SEEDS Family Worship (includes video devotions for your family)
- Missions: wmu.com/children. Free activity pages for children to teach them about being missionaries in God’s world.
- Sarah Wyatt, children’s minister at Northlake Baptist Church, Garland, is streaming a children’s Bible and activity time on Facebook Live every afternoon at 2:00 p.m. Like the church’s Facebook page and view the videos here.
- GAs and RAs lessons LIVE via Facebook Live, Wednesdays at 2:00 p.m.
- Great Minds
- FREE during COVID-19 crisis. K-12 academics, including algebra, geometry, and pre-calculus!
- ZEARN K-5 long-distance learning curriculum is available FREE during the COVID-19 crisis,
- Liberty’s Kids: popular YouTube videos about the American Revolution.
- Faith Path: free access to some of the most popular faith@home tools for the next 60 days.
- Learn Some Science: Mark Rober
- fun videos of wacky science experiments.
MEALS PROVIDED TO STUDENTS WHILE THEY ARE OUT OF SCHOOL: MORE INFORMATION HERE